Huawei has officially announced the Honor 20 and Honor 20 Pro smartphones after months of waiting. Both smartphones were unveiled at an event, held in London, England. This is coming after we have seen the specs and details of the Honor 20 Lite. If you are wondering what the difference between the two phones are, then this post will answer that. Both devices, features some similarities and we are also going to be looking at that. It is the company’s latest smartphone to hit the market after reports of Google allegedly revoking their Android license.
The two devices are carefully designed by Huawei, with the Pro version featuring a Graphene Cooling Sheet technology for 27% better heat dissipation. Although it also 3D curved glass back, but both phones feature Dynamic Holographic Design that uses 3-layers so it gives a depth effect when the light hits the back at certain angles. Without wasting any more of your time, here are the similarities and difference between the Huawei Honor 20 and Honor 20 Pro.
Similarities Honor 20 and Honor 20 Pro
- Display: In terms of the display, both the Huawei Honor 20 and Honor 20 Pro features a 6.26-inch FHD+ All-View display, with a screen resolution of 2340×1080 pixels. Also, they both come with 91.7% screen-to-body-ratio.
- Front Camera: Both phones at the front, sports a single 32MP front selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture, 3D Portrait Lighting.
- Sensor: They both came sporting a side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
- Processor: They are both powered by HUAWEI Kirin 980 chipset, with an ARM Mali-G76MP10 graphic processor, clocked at a frequency of 720MHz.
- Operating System: Both versions of the phone runs on Android 9.0 (Pie) with Magic UI 2.1.
- Connectivity: Another similarity between the phones, is that they both supports dual SIM, 4G, VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS and USB Type-C.
Difference Between Honor 20 and Honor 20 Pro
We have seen the similarities between the two phones, now is the time to look at how they both differ from each other. With one being the Pro version, it is only natural that it will feature better specs. Without further ado, here are the difference between the Honor 20 and Honor 20 Pro smartphones.
- Dimensions And Weight: While the Honor 20 came with a body dimension measuring 154.25 x 73.97 x 7.87mm and a weight of 174 grams, the 20 Pro featured a 154.6 x 73.97 x 8.44mm body dimension and weighs 182 grams.
- Colours: The Honor 20 is available in Midnight Black, Sapphire Blue and Icelandic White colours, while the 20 Pro comes in Phantom Black and Phantom Blue colours.
- Rear Camera: On the cameras, the Honor 20 sports a 48MP rear camera with 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, AIS, 16MP 117-degree Ultra Wide Angle lens, 2MP f/2.4 aperture camera for 4cm macro, 2MP f/2.4 aperture camera for depth sensing. The 20 Pro on the other hand, sports a 48MP rear camera with 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor, f/1.4 aperture, 4-axis OIS, EIS, PDAF, Laser auto focus, 16MP 117-degree Ultra Wide Angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, 4-axis OIS, 3x loss-less optical zoom, 2MP f/2.4 aperture camera for 4cm macro.
- Price: Price has always been a deciding factor when it comes to buying goods. Another major difference between the version of smartphones, is that the Honor 20 came with a price tag of $556, while Honor 20 Pro cost $668.
These are the similarities and difference between the Honor 20 and Honor 20 Pro smartphones. They are both available online and if you live in Nigeria, you can order them from Jumia, konga, AliExpress and Alibaba online stores. If you have something to add or have any questions about the review, please use the comment box below.